iTraffic delivers a suite of products to make Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) a reality in Ireland today.
“Intelligent Transport Systems” mean applying Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) to transport solutions. Government agencies, faced with short term road network management problems, and long term strategic planning decisions, need accurate and extensive information about road use.
The EU Action planfor the Deployment of Intelligent Transport Systems in Europe allows ITS to play its part in an overall solution. Traffic congestion costs on average 1% of GDP. This is approx. €2bn in Ireland as a measure of the inefficiency in the transport of goods and services due to congestion. The costs of traffic congestion could be reduced by up to 10% through the deployment of ITS.
In Ireland, the Transport sector account for 20% of our Green House Gas Emissions. Road transport accounts for 97% of the transport sector emissions in Ireland. Delivering ITS can significantly contribute to a cleaner, safer and more efficient transport system.
iTraffic delivers tools to support
- A nationwide traffic information system to support carbon emissions reduction
- Automated travel time surveys
- Historical Pattern analysis
- Origin Destination Matrices
- Congestion monitoring
- Integrated tools to support modal shift to public transport by :
- Travel time survey via public transport compared to road traffic
- Analyses of travel time variability